Monday, February 7, 2011

Ramblings of a Mitch

I really do hate being up late and knowing I should go to bed, yet my body refuses to allow me to...

So in an attempt to remedy this I will write, the length of this will be relative to how much I feel like writing and/or how tired I get while writing.  Of course the more tired I become the more likely it is that there will be non-sensical rambling, which in and of itself could be quite entertaining.

Saturday I spent my afternoon in Moose Jaw “installing” the new sound system for the indoor paintball field at Prairie Storm Paintball. Great people out there give them a call and go play! (1-306-684-4700) I ended up running late doing that and scrambling last minute to find someone to cover my butt at the Exchange.  Luckily Adam was willing to do it and I hope he wasn’t abused too much on the gig. After that ended up going for dinner with Danny, Stephen and Stephen’s family.  It was good to eat as well as to socialize (even if I did have the early stages of a migraine coming on). After supper I came home took some medication to help with the migraine and spent my night trying to not let my head explode.

Sunday was the usual, get up early, went to church with the family, than went to Paintball in Moose Jaw which was good. It was quite the day as a few things I’d ordered through Stephen had arrived, as well as I bought a used gear back off Wyndan. We played a number of matches, mostly variations on single hit elimination and re spawn games. At the end of the day Danny and Wyndan took a little time to coach a couple of us on a few useful things for playing Tournament ball (aka Speedball/Air ball/whatever you’d like to call it), primarily working on snapping. I also learned how to shoot off hand, though it will be requiring much more practice over the next few months.

Today wasn’t anything special, went to work (the countdown is on, 4 more days as of this moment.) We took a trip to Moose Jaw to pick up some government salvage from Valley View, my first time there before this I’d only heard about it and/or made jokes.  It was your typical old hospital building, kinda eerie and creepy.  We loaded up piles and piles of old computer equipment that should have probably been disposed of decades ago, and were on our way back to Regina to drop it off.  While unloading a pile of CD’s fell over and what was on top? A disk labelled “Project Eden”... This of course immediately had my mind racing with images ranging from Zombie farm to Fallout 3.  Maybe Valley View is much more than meets the eye???

This evening was Monday wings as per usual.  Myself and a select group of friends head out and partake in 35 cent wings, drinks, and much story telling.  Always a good time to laugh and plot... and laugh... and plot some more.   After that I come home and cleaned up some of the music I’ve recently acquired on my computer, some of it labelled erroneously or not at all... I love you iTunes but really... WTF Mate?

Anyways, I think that’s all I shall write for now.  I’m going to actually start a blog at some point here, I will keep you all posted.

1 comment: